Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pinterest--Crafts for Kids

I have recently discovered Pinterest--a website that allows you to bookmark pictures from other websites.  I. LOVE. IT.  After you are invited to create an account, you can add pictures of projects, craft ideas, books or anything else that interests you to the boards you have created.  Teachers, this would be a great tool to use to hold on to great teaching ideas.  Not only can you bookmark ideas that you find, you can also repin ideas from other people's pinboards.  I find that I am more likely to go back to a website or idea if I have a picture and a description that shows why I bookmarked the site.

I have created a pinboard to keep track of all the great ideas for crafts and ideas I would like to use with my kids.  Some are projects I want to try, while others are ideas I found and want to look at more closely for inspiration.  You can see my For the Kids pinboard here.

I would love to see what other ideas you have to share.  Feel free to leave a comment with other great ideas you have found!

No comments:

Post a Comment