Monday, October 24, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

It's about time to start working on my November menu.  I tend to menu plan for the entire month and then do my weekly menu based on that.  There are always some days where we don't eat what we had planned so I leave a few days blank on the monthly menu.  As things come up and I realize I will need an easy meal for a particular night, I shuffle meals around on my weekly menu.  For example, this week's menu plan contains everything I had planned on my monthly menu but not on the same days I had originally planned.  This method gives me a variety of meals to choose from that I know I have ingredients on hand for while allowing me the flexibility to plan around the week's activities.  Love it!

Sunday--hamburgers
Monday--marinated chicken, green beans, scalloped potatoes
Tuesday--chicken nuggets, potato bites
Wednesday--ranch house pork chops (I will be trying this in the oven), roasted potatoes
Thursday--pasta with guiltless alfredo sauce
Friday--chili, beer bread
Saturday--pizza

Join us at orgjunkie for additional menu planning ideas and resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment