Saturday, December 3, 2011

Money Saving Mom's Budget Review

About a year ago I was looking for ways to save my family money so I began reading and following Crystal Paine's blog Money Saving Mom.  I follow quite a few frugal, money-saving blogs but I have always been a big fan of Crystal's wonderful advice.  In the first few weeks of following her blog, I scoured all of her past posts and read every article she had written on the blog.  I was beyond impressed and intrigued.  So, you can imagine my excitement when I received an e-mail several weeks ago letting me know I was receiving a pre-release copy of Crystal's book The Money Saving Mom's Budget.


You can pre-order Crystal's new book here for $11.09!


After reading Crystal's blog for a while, I was afraid that the book would just be a repeat of the information available on her blog.  Still, knowing how much I love Crystal's blog, I knew it would be a great book to read and was thrilled when my copy came in the mail.  Crystal's book did not disappoint!  She is an excellent writer who draws the reader into the material in an interesting and engaging manner.  I was pleasantly surprised to find lots of ideas, tips and tricks that I had never seen on Crystal's blogs.  I was also thrilled with the fact that it was such an easy read.  I was so intrigued and interested in the book that I finished the entire thing in 3 days.  I loved the tips and stories from Money Saving Mom that she has scattered throughout this book.  Crystal shows you how to set up attainable financial goals, both for the short-term and the long-term.  She helps you take baby steps to setting up a workable budget.  She doesn't sugarcoat it or try to tell the reader that getting out of debt and setting yourself up for financial security will be easy.  She does offer no-nonsense, straightforward advice, from goal-setting, to couponing, to using your freezer to save money that I am looking forward to applying in my own life.

I highly recommend this book for anyone looking for help on setting up a realistic and attainable budget for yourself!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment