Thursday, December 15, 2011

Holiday Baking Plan

Time is flying by lately!  I made a plan ahead of time for the activities that I wanted to do with the kids and we've done pretty well sticking to it.  Now it's time for my holiday baking plan.  My daughter and I got a jumpstart on cookie baking by preparing 6 different kinds of dough and freezing them to prepare closer to Christmas.  Here are the 6 kinds of cookie dough we made:

Candy Cane Blossoms
White Chocolate Cherry Cookies
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Sugar Cookies

We will be using holiday cookie cutters on the sugar cookie dough and my daughter will decorate them using cookie icing.  None of us really like sugar cookies all that much but decorating cookies as a family is one of my favorite activities so we always try to incorporate that!  My hubby has also requested chocolate chip cookies so we made add those in, too.

In terms of other baking, here's my {hopefully not too ambitious} plan:

Brownie Christmas Trees (using a box mix for this one)
Hot Chocolate on a Stick (for teacher gifts)
Rudolph Nutter Butter Pops (for classmates)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Treats
Holiday Pretzel Treats
Tiger Butter
Mint Chocolate Chip Bark
Puppy Chow (or Muddy Buddies)

And for our savory treats:
Sausage Balls
Ranch Oyster Crackers

And presents for my daughter's classmates:
Peppermint Play Dough
Gingerbread Play Dough

No comments:

Post a Comment