Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Crafting with Kids

I had great plans for crafting with my kids this holiday season.  Thanks to Pinterest, I found lots of great ideas that I really wanted to try out.  Fortunately, we have had the time to complete quite a few of the crafts on our plan.  Today I will be sharing pictures of some of the crafts we have completed, including links to the original projects where applicable.


These classic cinnamon-applesauce ornaments make your house smell delightful.  I used the recipe from McCormick.  These are easy and fun to make!

These precious Rudolph ornaments from Better Homes and Gardens were made using popsicle sticks painted brown, wiggly eyes and a red pompom.

This project is similar to one found on parents.com.  I traced a Christmas tree cookie cutter onto green felt then my daughter used tacky glue to attach beads to the ornament.

This project was inspired by a product found on this website.  I adapted it by using salt dough with green food coloring.  I created the hole in the top using a straw.  The discoloration in this picture is simply because the ornament is not completely dry.  Honestly, I have left them out for over a week now, rotating them every so often and they are still not completely dry.  I love the way they have turned out but really wish they would dry faster!

My daughter created these thumbprint Christmas tree cards for her teachers inspired by pictures from this site.

This is a classic hand and foot print Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer craft.  My mom made one of these for us when my daughter was an infant so I created one for my son this year.  These will both hang in our front windows every Christmas.

I created footprint Christmas trees for both my son and daughter inspired by a picture I found here.

This handprint tree art is my personal favorite.  I absolutely love how this project turned out.  This will be our Christmas artwork above our mantle for quite some time now.

What projects have you completed with your child this holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment