Sunday, October 9, 2011

Nanny's Mac and Cheese

My husband is a big fan of macaroni and cheese but he has never really liked my mac and cheese.  I typically start my mac and cheese with a roux but no matter how much cheese I put in it, he always says it isn't cheesy enough.  He, on the other hand, makes a mac and cheese that is loaded with ooey gooey cheese that has been requested at countless family get-togethers.  I have started making mac and cheese this way because this is how he likes it (although I occasionally throw in my version of mac and cheese).  His Nanny made mac and cheese this way--my husband learned from his uncle.  I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!

For this recipe, you will need pasta, sour cream, cheddar cheese soup, butter and cheese.

Yummy, cheesy deliciousness!

Ingredients:
  • 8 oz. box elbow macaroni
  • 4 tbsp. butter
  • 1 can cheddar cheese soup
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 1/2-2 cup cheddar cheese, plus additional for topping
  • 
Boil macaroni until al dente.  Stir together macaroni, butter, soup, sour cream and cheese.  Pour into 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.  Top with additional 1/2-1 cup cheddar cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment