I have purchased brownie mixes for very cheap recently using coupons and store deals and while we love brownies just as they are, I also like to add special touches to make them unique and delicious. This yummy ice cream pie is super easy to prepare. Everyone in my family loved this delicious pie and it was easy enough to make that my daughter was able to help. All you need is a brownie mix (plus ingredients to prepare), mint extract, Andes mints or Peppermint Patties and mint chocolate chip ice cream.
Begin by preparing brownie mix according to package directions. Add mint extract to the batter. Pour half of batter into a 9 inch deep dish pie plate.
Arrange Andes mints or peppermint patties in a pretty design on top.
Pour remaining batter on top of the mints.
Bake according to package directions. I used the cooking time for an 8 x 8 square pan.
While pie is cooling, place ice cream in the refrigerator to soften. Once pie is cool, top with ice cream. Yummy!
Mint Brownie Ice Cream Pie
- brownie mix (plus ingredients to prepare)
- 1 tsp. mint extract
- 1 package Andes mints, 10-12 mini peppermint patties of 4-5 large peppermint patties
- 1 carton mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Prepare brownie mix according to directions, adding 1 tsp. mint extract to batter.
- Pour half of batter into greased 9 inch deep dish pie plate.
- Top with Andes mints or peppermint patties.
- Pour remaining batter on top of mints.
- Bake according to package directions for an 8 x 8 square baking dish.
- While brownies are cooling, soften ice cream in refrigerator or on counter top.
- Top cooled brownies with ice cream (I used a little over half of a 1.5 quart carton).
This recipe was shared on: