Thursday, August 4, 2011

What's Cooking?

Here's what we've been cooking at my house this week:


Sugar Cookies (decorated by my 3-year-old)


I was excited to try the oatmeal breakfast bar recipe.  I cooked them slightly more than 30 minutes because they still looked wet in the middle but I think they would have been fine to take out at 30 minutes.  They were really tasty! 

The monkey bread was a last minute decision.  My supermarket had 4 packs of biscuits on sale for $1.25!!  I found the recipe on the outside of the package.  The whole recipe probably cost less than $2 to make.  What a great frugal find!

My hubby loves hamburger steak and brown gravy so I wanted to give this twist on salisbury steak a try.  We really enjoyed the patties but were not huge fans of the gravy.  It had a bit too much sour cream for our tastes--next time I will cut the sour cream in half and I think it will be delicious!

What's cooking at your house this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment