Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes

I am always looking for new, easy recipes to try with my daughter.  I thought the raspberry lemonade cupcakes from the Crayon Wishes and Popsicle Dreams blog sounded like a fun and simple recipe for my daughter and I to follow.  We adapted the recipe slightly.

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes:
  • white cake mix
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 3 egg whites
  • 3/4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
  • 3/4 cup water (the recipe on the box calls for 1 1/4 cup--I cut this down slightly, due to the frozen lemonade concentrate being added)
  • zest of 1 lemon
  • 2 drops red food coloring
Combine all ingredients with a mixer on medium speed until combined.  Pour into cupcake tins.  Bake for 16-21 minutes.

Pink Lemonade Frosting:
  • 1/2 tub vanilla frosting
  • 8 oz. cool whip
  • 2 drops red food coloring
  • juice of half a lemon
Beat vanilla frosting until light and fluffy.  Add in whipped topping, food coloring and lemon juice.  Frost cupcakes once cool and store in refrigerator.


Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment