Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Farm Fresh Trip

I stopped in at Farm Fresh this morning to pick up a few things for our meals this week, and to find a couple of items that were on sale (ice cream!).  I used coupon match-ups from The Coupon Challenge.


2 boxes Cookie Crisp Cereal $.76 for both after $.75 coupon
bread $.99
hamburger buns $.99
pepperoni $2.50
3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs $6.17
bananas $1.79
2 pkgs. strawberries $1.88/each
Turkey Hill ice cream $.49 after $1 coupon
Turkey Hill ice cream $2.49
2 Starbucks pints $2/each after $1/2 coupon
milk $3.99
2 Dannon 4 pack vanilla yogurt $.56/each after $1 coupon

I also used approximately $7 in catalina coupons from my last Farm Fresh trip.

Pre-coupon total: $39.79
Coupon savings: $17.00
Total after coupons: $22.79
Percent savings: 44%

I think that's a pretty good savings given that I purchased quite a few items that did not have coupons including chicken, milk and fruit.  I will be using the bananas, strawberries and vanilla yogurt to make smoothie packets later this week.  Later this week I will show you how to flash freeze your fruit and create a smoothie packet that can be used for a quick and easy breakfast or snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment