Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Gratituesday--The Gift of Time--A Day Late

As a classroom teacher, I have the unique opportunity to enjoy spending lazy summer days with my children.  With a newborn at home, I am taking some extra time off from work at the beginning of the school year to spend with my kids and bond with my son.  I am grateful for the opportunity to have time off with my children and experience life as a stay at home mom, at least for a little while.

This summer my daughter and I have spent extra time in the morning laying in bed together, watching cartoons.  I have spent time snuggling in the recliner with my newborn on my shoulder and my daughter next to me.  We have visited the library to pick out new books and movies for her to enjoy and cuddled up together on the couch to read.  My daughter has worked on art and craft projects that we never seem to have time for during the school year.  We have visited the park, the beach, the bookstore and the fountains at a local outdoor shopping mall (designed for young children to play in).  We have enrolled her in vacation bible school at our church for the first time and she is loving it! 

I have even started inviting her into the kitchen to cook with me.  Just last week she rolled out pizza dough, spread pizza sauce and topped our homemade pizza off with cheese and pepperoni.  She was so proud of her accomplishment.  She has helped me make pizza, bake cookies and stir up muffins.  My grandmother gave her an apron for Christmas that matches Mommy's apron, which she loves to put on.

So this gratituesday, I am grateful for the gift of time with my children.  I'm grateful for snuggles and cuddles, messy art projects and family outings.  I'm grateful for Mommy's little helper and my incredible newborn.  What are you grateful for this gratituesday?

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

1 comment:

  1. I am grateful for the time off of work too. It is allowing me to relax while getting everything ready for baby. I don't know how I would have been able to get it all done if I didn't have the summer off. I'm also grateful not to have to work during these last few months of pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete