Sunday, September 11, 2011

Italian Pork Chops

I had honey mustard pork chops on my menu plan this past week but when I got ready to make them, I realized I didn't have all of the ingredients I needed to prepare them--we lost a lot of stuff in our fridge and freezer during Hurricane Irene, and I have yet to replace everything.  So, I made a quick last minute change to our menu and prepared these pork chops.  I often make pork chops this way, with various seasonings and usually an egg with milk for my liquid.  This time I tried something different and they were really good.  I SHOULD have taken a picture of the chops on the plate because the picture in the pan is not very appetizing but I completely forgot.  You will just have to trust me that they are really good!


My dipping stations--Bisquick, Italian Dressing and breadcrumb mixture



Porkchops ready to go into the oven.



 

I told you the finished product didn't look very appetizing!  But it is, I promise!

These pork chops can be baked or fried.  Personally, I like them better fried but with an infant and a 3 year old in the house, frying doesn't happen too often!

Italian Pork Chops
  • 3-4 pork chops
  • 1 cup Bisquick
  • 1 cup Italian dressing
  • 1 cup bread crumbs (I used garlic croutons that I put in the food processor)
  • 1 tsp. basil
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 3 tbsp. butter (if baking in oven)
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees or heat oil over medium heat in large frying pan..  Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.  Set up a dipping station with 3 pie plates or cake pans.  Place the Bisquick in one pan and the Italian dressing in another pan.  In the final pan combine bread crumbs, basil and Parmesan cheese.  Dip each pork chop in Bisquick, then dressing and finally bread crumbs.  Place in pan.  If  baking in oven, pour butter over pork chops.  Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or fry on each side in oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment