Sunday, September 4, 2011

Frozen PB and J Sandwiches

I tried freezing peanut butter and jelly sandwiches once before but found that they were soggy and mushy once defrosted.  I recently read a tip on a website that putting peanut butter on both pieces of bread would eliminate any sogginess.  Earlier this week, I gave it another go.


Spread peanut putter in the center of all pieces of bread.


Place jelly on one piece of each sandwich.


Put 2 pieces of bread together, then use Pampered Chef's Cut N Seal or a cookie cutter to make sandwiches your desired shape.

Place each sandwich in an individual baggie, then place baggies in a large freezer bag.
 My daughter gobbled these up and did not complain about any taste difference.  She even ate one of her sandwiches nearly frozen and really enjoyed it.  This will definitely be a time saver for my family since she loves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!

No comments:

Post a Comment