Monday, August 8, 2011

Menu Plan Monday


I am planning to do some freezer cooking and fun activities with my kids this week, so I have quite a few quick and easy dishes on the menu.  I love the crockpot chicken because it's super simple and makes enough for at least 2 meals for our family.  I buy small whole chickens (4-5 lbs.) when they are on sale for $.99/lb. or less.  I often buy a couple of chickens when I am able to get them at this price.  Sometimes I throw the carcass back in the crockpot with some water and veggies to create chicken stock that I store in the freezer for future meals.  I also have 2 new to us meals on the menu--the creamy chicken quesadillas and chili cheese potato casserole.  Can't wait to try them!

Breakfasts--waffles, strawberry muffins, cereal, oatmeal breakfast bars

Lunch--leftovers, cheesy potato soup, peanut butter and jelly, yogurt

Dinners:
Sunday--dinner with family
Monday--hot dogs, french fries
Tuesday--whole chicken in the crockpot, mashed potatoes
Wednesday--creamy chicken quesadillas using leftover chicken from Tuesday's dinner
Thursday--chili cheese potato casserole, corn
Friday--grilled pizza
Saturday--cheddar ranch burgers, oven fries

Join us at orgjunkie for additional menu planning ideas and resources!

No comments:

Post a Comment