Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Puffy Paint Art

I love to search for fun art projects and activities for my daughter, especially during the summer months.  I like to give her projects that allow her to be creative, are inexpensive to complete and are fun for her.  I found a great project here.

Using common household items (self-rising flour, salt and food coloring), we created a one-of-a-kind piece of art and my daughter had a great time.  We used a piece of cardboard from an old box but I think a heavy duty paper plate would work well for this, too.  When mixing up the paint, make sure you do not add too much water.  The mixture should be thicker than regular paint.  The purple paint I mixed up was too thin and did not puff up as well as the other colors. 


My daughter working on her project.  She used cotton swabs to paint.



The final product.

Looks like fun, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment